Need for Career Counseling
Students should take Career Counselling so that he/she understands themselves better, accordingly choose their stream, career and achieve the desired goals. Today there are plenty of opportunities and students either don’t know about it or they are confused.
For many students and parents, choosing the right career option after Class 10th/12th is not an easy task. Many times this decision is taken without considering the capability & interest of the candidate. This may lead to a less effective performance in higher classes and negatively affect the long-term career prospects. The Best career option is the one which is your passion, which you enjoy doing the most. If you know this, the decision is very easy.
With the help of a counsellor, they can choose the right path, be successful in their career and this will help them to lead a happy and satisfied life. A counsellor can also help them to get Plan A, plan B, plan C based on their interests and other conditions to make a good career choice without losing hope and happiness.
We help students in discovering themselves, knowing their own personality and accordingly suggest the right career options.
This is a platform for young students to explore the various career avenues that are listed on the website. It showcases most of the conventional and non-conventional stream/career options available for the students studying in 10/10+2 grades in a creative yet informative manner.
Our Career Counselling involves following steps:
1. Psychometric Assessment
We use a Psychometric Assessment tool. This tool is 100% Scientific and has benefitted more than 2.5 Lakh students. Many National level student-centric organizations are using this tool.
What is Psychometric Test?
According to Google “Psychometric tests are a standard and scientific method used to measure individuals’ mental capabilities and behavioral style. Psychometric tests are designed to measure candidates’ suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics and aptitude (or cognitive abilities).” Or in simple words, it helps in identifying a person’s personality.
This online test takes around 90 minutes to complete. You can take it sitting at your home. Very simple day to day life questions are asked regarding your choices.
A sample copy of the same is attached herewith for your reference.
2. One to one session with the child
This is done to understand his interests, inhibitions, expectations, potentials. The child will be guided to explore himself through questionnaire, activity and will be given the tools to explore different career options, colleges, schools as per his interest and make a report of it.
3. One to one session with the parents
This is done to understand if the parents and child’s interest are in alignment. To understand their expectations from their child. Guide them to different career options with the pros and cons. Make them aware with the new career / stream options available.
4. Final report
The final report with all the Stream options/career options as per the personality, interests of the child and the interests of the parents will be given.
Mrs Rinku Jain
Rinku Jain, Holistic Counselor and Academician, helps the children to choose a right career path for themselves. Resilience is what drives Rinku. Her belief in herself and her experience helps her to serve as a true guide to the students and career-minded individuals who are confused between following the dream and choosing the full-proof career path for themselves.
Rinku Jain has acquired following Certifications and Education
- Certified Global Career Counselling from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA Extension)
- Green Belt Certification from Global Career Counselling from Univariety, Singapore.
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.) in Medical Biochemistry from Pune University.
- Bachelors in Education (B.Ed.) from MDU University
- Pursuing her M.A. in Psychology from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
- 19+ years of group and individual career counselling experience for students of class 8-12th
- 10+ years of experience in conducting personality development, time management workshops, mentoring and counselling for age groups 13-20 years students.
- 20 years plus experience in teaching and counselling young students.
- 2+ years of Worked as Research Officer in HIV related project of John Hopkins University, USA.
- 4+ years of experience as a Lecturer in Paramedical colleges (Nursing, Physiotherapy).
- 19 + years of experience in teaching courses such as Nursing, Physiotherapy, MSc. Zoology, Medical Lab Technology.
She has her research published in Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry.